Sunday, February 9, 2014

Setting Priorities

I am incredibly confused a to what the Underground Man has set his main importance on. He, on one hand seems to be obsessed with tackling about how "rational" he is. On the other hand, I am angered by how he keeps confusing me by talking about his consciousness. I don't understand what he is trying to point out to us. I honestly think that the underground man needs to get his priorities straight and stop frustrating everybody who tries to understand him.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you're saying. I think in part I the Underground Man jumps all over the place and it is really hard to understand what is going on. I also am not completely clear on what his big deal with his conciseness is, especially considering that he changes his mind constantly and doesn't really get the chance to let anything sink in. Overall I think part II of this book really helps clarify the UM's priorities. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete